Setting SMART Goals

Let this be the last year you resolve to do something and then not meet your expectations. How can we prepare to fail and then keep pressing forward all year long? Move forward this year by creating SMART goals....

Specific goals are CLEAR. Tell your brain exactly what is expected and WHY its important to you. Your specific goals usually answers the Who, What, Where, Why & How Questions.

For example: "I want to lose 10 lbs this month which will be 2.5 lbs a week which I will check each STATurday by taking pictures, weight and measurements. I plan to lose this weight by planning my meals for each week (week by week) on weekends and working out 25 mins a day 6 days a week. I will try 1 new meat free meal a week. I will report daily in my accountability group (Inside out Fit family)."

Measurable emphasizes reachable benchmarks. If a goal is not measureable, it is not possible to know whether you are making progress or not. A measurable goal usually answers How much and by when.

For Example: "I want to lose 50 lbs by June"

Achievable with Accountability means goals need to be realistic and shared with someone, even though dreams can be big BIG and scary. Extreme Goals usually invite frustration and forever failure. Breaking the big dreams down into baby steps helps to make them achievable. Accountablity is important too! Telling someone and sharing your goals asking them to check in with you once a month or once a week or once a day if you need it! ASK for what you need

For example: "I plan to lose 10 lbs a month 2.5 a week and I will share this with my coworker Liz and have her check in with me on Mondays.

Result Oriented is when Focus on the end results you desire rather than the activities necessary to get there. I hang a pair of pants that are tight that I am trying to fit into by the end of my goal time frame on my bathroom door in my bedroom. I see them there all day to remind me of the RESULTS I want. I stay focused on the RESULTS rather then the grooling sweat session Shaun T is going to take me thru! 

Time Bound Goals have a clearly defined time-frame including a target or deadline date. Remember to break down that time frame to measureable attainable smaller goals to reach those bigger long term.
Beachbody programs come with awesome workout calendars that I use to plaster on the wall and set the goal to follow it 100% for 30 days. I will mark off each day with a big X and a little move like that gets me excited to see all the marks each day and makes me NOT want to skip even 1 X ont he calendar! Get excited its TIME to take action to change!

I'd love to hear from you! Message me- Share your SMART goals with me. I have a SMART goals form I fill out each year so the following year I can look back and see where I was a year ago. If you would like this form  let me know!