Gluten Free Protein Packed Pumpkin Breakfast Bars (or Balls)

I love making 1 breakfast on Sunday for the entire week! It makes my crazy mornings so much less crazy- more calm and relaxing. As a mom of 3- I actually get to eat now!

This easy recipe you can make into bars or balls and bag up 5-6 bags for the week. My kids get the bars I get the balls, its easier to say who's are who's and "Don't touch Mom's!"






IT MAKES: 15 balls (3 balls each day for 5 days) AND 6 large bars in 8X8 pan (5 bars 1 to eat the day of cooking)   or just one large 9X13 pan full
21 day fix container count
I count quinoa as a RED since I follow the vegetarian plan  1 yellow 1 red

otherwise 1 yellow

What you need:

1 can of Organic Canned pumpkin (not the pumpkin pie filling)
5 cups of Organic GF Rolled Oats
1 cup of uncooked quinoa made according to recipe
4 eggs
1/4 cup of Almond milk (or whatever milk you use)
1/4 cup honey
2 TBSP of vanilla extract
Several generous shakes of cinnamon & pumpkin spice (sorry I don't measure!)
3/4 cup of coconut sugar (or whatever sugar you use)

Maple syrup
dry roasted pumpkin seeds

*Optional: DATES - instead of sugar I use dates to add a little sweetness to my bars and add a little more honey. I cut up about 6-7 dates real tiny and add the bits in! This week I added both!


What you do:

1-Preheat oven at 375.

2-Cook quinoa according to recipe ( I make and do not rinse 1 cup quinoa in 2 cups of water to boil, cover then turn on low medium for 15 mins till I see little tails and water is gone then I remove from heat,  remove the lid and stir and let sit for 5-10 mins)

3- Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix well.

4-Line pan/tray with wax paper ( or I cook my balls in silicone baking cups I got here on Amazon)

5- roll up half the mix into half dollar sized balls (15) line tray, add the rest of the mixture into your 8X8 pan lines with wax paper flaten and distribute in pan evenly

6-Bake balls and pan at 375 for 15 mins, check it and rotate balls then put in for another 6-9 minutes, balls come out first and then pan check with a toothpick. Stick the toothpick into the center and pull out if any of the bar comes out on the stick- put it back in for another 3-5 mins.

7- Remove from oven and tray drizzle maple syrup on the warm bars and sprinkle pumpkin seeds on top!

8- Bag them up for the week!

If you try them come back and post how they turned out and any tips or tricks you did to switch it up!