Whole Wheat Waffles

I love stuffing the freezer with homemade waffles, they are so easy to pull out and make. Being almost ready to pop this baby out, its helpful to have the freezer stocked and ready with easy to prepare HEALTHY HOMEMADE foods. I have an old waffle iron I found at a yard sale, they tend to make the old fashion kinds much better.

Ideas to make with the waffles
plain with some 100% maple syrup
toasted with a poached egg on top
waffles & ice cream sandwhich
stacked with bananas & cinnamon on them (my favorite)

Serves 5-6
What you need:
2 1/4 cups Organic Whole Wheat Flour
1/2 cup flax meal
2 cups of Milk (I use unsweetened Almond or coconut)
1/4 cup oil (I use Coconut Oil)
2 eggs (I use half Egg replacement when I triple up this recipe to save on eggs)
1/4 teaspoon of Baking soda
1/4 teaspoon of Baking powder
1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
dash or two of cinnamon
2 tbsp Honey
1/8 teaspoon of salt
Optional: fresh fruit like blueberries etc to add in

To Prepare:
Heat Waffle Iron
Mix Milk, honey, cinnamon, baking soda, vanilla, eggs, & oil together.
Then Add in the flour, baking powder and salt to the wet mixture mix well till clumps smooth out.
Spray waffle iron with non stick spray or a tab of butter and pour on the waffle mixture and heat for 4-5 minutes depending on your waffle iron. The first one always turns out the odd ball on mine but that ok because thats the one I eat while I'm baking :) Enjoy